Thursday, June 2, 2011

Homemade Icecream

I haven't had a REAL icecream churn in like four years! The only one that I've ever seen here in Vegas was the one that you freeze the canister, put the ingredients in, and then refreeze. Uhhh....yeah! That does not work very well. Not to mention, it doesn't make much. Wellllll....I was strolling through Wal-Mart, and what'ya know...there was a HUGE icecream churn for sale...6 quarts...YES...and only $27!!!! You better believe that thing landed in my cart quicker than an Ethiopian running for a chicken leg. ;) Hahaha! I rushed to get me some ingredients to start my fun.... I made Black Cherry, Strawberry, Banana, Grape, and Blueberry. I plan to make Pineapple, Peach, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Cookies-n-Cream.

This used to be my favorite: Heavenly Banana...


(It's also the favorite of most people who taste it...It's awesome!)
But now I have a new love: Entrancing Blueberry (I know. I know. Hard to believe, but true)...
AHHHHH....Yummy!

Okay. Here's my recipe for this wonderful new concoction. Remember it yields 6 quarts:

1 12oz pkg of frozen blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
(simmer on stovetop until sugar melts and a tiny juice forms...NOT until it's warm)
1/2 can of blueberry pie filling
2 cans of evaporated milk
1 can of condensed milk
1 carton of heavy cream
1 pkg of vanilla icecream mix (Junket or Rival)
(Mix all of these ingredients together. Put into the icecream churn canister. There will be space to add more ingredients before it reaches the "fill" line.)
Ocean Spray Blueberry Juice
Milk
(The space that is left in the canister needs to be filled with half juice and half milk.)

Churn away, Peeps. It's amazing!

2 comments:

House of Squitty said...

Mmmm...you better post the banana recipe too!

Liz Ann said...

yes, banana is my favorite too. Although, that black cherry sounds pretty tasty