Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Asian Cuke Salad

I served this with our Chicken Lettuce Cups. There are suppose to be more cucumbers than carrots. I followed the directions of the recipe of using a whole bag of shredded carrots and it was way too much. Next time just use half of the bag. I guess it also depends on the size of your cucumber too. You will have to play this one by sight. It wasn't bad having lots of carrots, but I like cucumbers more. It just depends on your preference I guess. I do know it was a great way to introduce veggies to my kids. They already loved cucumbers, but not so big on the carrots. With this they ate them all. YAY! Score!
Ingredients:
1 English cucumber (seedless)
1/2 of a 10oz bag shredded carrots
1/4 c. seasoned rice vinegar

Directions:
Peel and cut cucumber. Mix all together. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

2 comments:

Marina said...

I don't know why this reminds me of the couliflower concoction that Mamie used to make. Do you remember that salted variation? I would love to know how to make it. I loved it! I guess this reminds me of Mamie, because this looks like something she would eat. =)

Liz Ann said...

Yes, I do remember that cauliflower stuff. Wasn't it just cauliflower, water, and salt? It was good. I use to just pick the cauliflower out and suck the juice off of it, and then dip it again.
This recipe is really good on the cucumbers. Its kind of like a pickle, but the rice vinegar is more of a sweet vinegar so its not as twangy. Like I said on the directions there is suppose to be more cucs than carrots. The carrots are just suppose to highlight with a little bit of color. Obviously my picture doesn't show that. Its different, but in a good way