Thursday, December 30, 2010

Trifle

First, credit for this recipe has to go to Angel (although I altered it a tad), because after all of the Vegas boys traveled to SC and sampled some of this lucious dessert, they demanded that the recipe be shared. Doesn't it look scrumptuous???? Well, it is!!!TRIFLE

2 pkg of frozen fruit (strawberry, blackberry, rasberry, blueberry mix or any of choosing)
1/2 cup sugar
* heat both in saucepan until it produces a juicy mixture (just a few minutes), but don't add all of the juice into the layers--just a little
frozen Sara Lee pound cake (cut into 1 inch cubes)
1 pkg of vanilla pudding mix (make as directed)
*fold in a small container of cool whip (8 oz)

Layer in a trifle dish: pound cake, fruit, pudding. I usually do 3-4 layers.
Optional: Add fresh fruit. I usually add a few chopped, fresh strawberries to each layer. Bananas are good too. Be creative. Yum! Yum!

2 comments:

Liz Ann said...

OMGosh...Am I dreaming? Did somebody just post a recipe on the food blog? I can't believe it! Now that me and Anthony are on a budget. I'm starting to cook more often at home instead of eating out all the time. Maybe I'll find some good ones to go on here too

House of Squitty said...

Yay! Someone posted! I was just telling Ang the other day that this place had been deserted...now it's desserted! ;)