Monday, January 31, 2011

Japanese Chicken Salad

I had this for the first time when we lived in Hawaii and fell in love with this yummy salad many years ago. I love simple dishes that are full of taste, and this one fits this category perfectly:
Salad:
1 green cabbage head, chopped
1/2 red cabbage head, chopped
2-3 stalks green onions, chopped
(I didn't have any when I made this, so it's not as colorful as usual, but it was still good.)
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (more if you love it meaty)
2 pkgs Chicken Ramen noodles, cooked & drained without seasoning


Dressing:
2 seasoning packets from Ramen noodles
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 Tb sugar
1 cup vinegar
2/3 cup oil (I use olive oil, so it's healthier)


Mix everything together in a large bowl and toss with dressing. If you let it sit overnight, it's even better the next day. Stir every few hours to let the dressing soak in. YUM!!!


*These aren't exact measurements, because I kind of eyeball the amount that I like, but it's a good estimate. Just have fun with it...and ENJOY! It's sooo good!

No comments: