Monday, January 3, 2011

Sweet Bread

You know I have to post my favorite food: bread! This recipe tastes just like King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread. YUM! (This is for a 2 lb. breadmaker, but I'm sure it can be made without one.)1 cup water
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 almond extract
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
(Combine all wet ingredients)

3 Tb. of dry milk
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 3/4 cup bread flour
(Add all dry ingredients)

2 tsp. active dry yeast
(Don't let yeast touch other ingredients. Carve out a valley in the flour and pour it into it.)



I put my breadmaker on the sweet setting with light crust. It cooks for 2 hours and 50 minutes. Adjust accordingly if you're not using one.
This is soooooo good!!!!

2 comments:

Liz Ann said...

This sounds like a good excuse for me to pop out my bread maker that my father in law gave us when we first got married. Its NEVER been used, still in the box. Sounds like a perfect recipe to try it out on

House of Squitty said...

Sounds amazing!